Makers Corner at Sanlam HMC Fair - 13 October 10am-1pm
'Makers Corner' with Made By Jewellery at Sanlam Handmade Contemporary Fair
The 9th edition of Sanlam HMC is all about a restored focus on their founding sentiment - celebrating the beauty of making which is why we are excited to say that we have partnered up with them to compliment the years theme, A Return to Making, by curating four workshops over the HMC weekend.
What: This is all inclusive of a ring carving workshop, your very own silver ring, bubbles by Graham Beck, delicious snacks as well as the casting and cleaning of your creation at R1,100.
When: Saturday, 13 October. 10am – 1pm
Where: The workshops will be held in a beautifully curated structure in the Cortina Court; opposite Luminance at Hyde Park Corner.
How it works:
- Receive a piece of special jewellers wax and begin carving the piece of your dreams
- Indulge in this experience and let your creative juices flow. But most of all, have fun!
- Your design will be sent to be cast and finished off professionally. This will take a maximum of 3 weeks.
- Unbox the product of your creativity to treasure forever
What can you expect from this workshop experience?
- Learn about the art of lost wax casting
- Develop wax carving techniques
- All tools will be supplied
- Wax width approx 4-5mm
- No experience needed
Should you wish to customise your ring even further, have a look at the Made By Extras Menu:
- + R500 yellow or rose gold plating
- + R600 to carve a second ring
- + R400 wide ring upgrade to 7-8mm
- + R800 wide ring upgrade to 10-11mm
- +R100 for setting per stone (stones to be quoted pre-setting)
- Engraving (quote design dependent)
By making payment you accept the clauses outlined in our T's & C's, as one would do by signing a contract.